The Fall ACS meeting in Chicago is fast approaching! Some updates regarding the meeting:
● Division programming will be held in the McCormick Place Convention Center. The full schedule is available on the ACS website, and the attached pdf provides a convenient “at-a-glance” look at the schedule.
● Highlights of the program include the Monday ACS Catalysis Lectureship symposium in honor of Eranda Nikolla, Tuesday CATL Division Early Career Award symposium in honor of Matteo Cargnello, and Tuesday CATL Exceptional Achievements Award symposium in honor of Daniel Resasco.
● The Division will be hosting a reception/open meeting for division members and speakers at Fatpour Tapworks-McCormick, Monday, August 22, 6:30 - 8:00 pm. Beverages and light appetizers will be provided. Plan to stop by to network and catch up with colleagues.
● A few spots remain for each of the CATL Division open-source software workshops, to be held on Thursday, August 25th, at the convention center. The software list and registration link is here.
● Seventeen graduate students have been selected for the CATL-ChemCatBio Graduate Student Travel Award. Congratulations to the following students and their advisors:
Awardee / University / Advisor
Azina Rahmani / University of Central Florida / Titel Jurca
Stephen Vicchio / Clemson University / Rachel Getman
Alyssa Spear / Syracuse University / Robert P Doyle
Justin Bui / University of California, Berkeley / Alexis Bell
Haodong Wang / Stony Brook University / Anatoly I Frenkel
Haotian Yang / Stony Brook University / Alexander Orlov
Asanka Dissanayake / Wayne State University / Stanislav Groysman
Sibongile Pikoli / University of Johannesburg / BCE Makhubela
Anshuman Goswami / University of Notre Dame / William Schneider
Neha Mehra / University of Notre Dame / William Schneider
Craig Waitt / University of Notre Dame / William Schneider
Luolin Shi / Stony Brook University / Michael G White
Jane Edgington / Northwestern University / Linsey Seitz
Katherine Puffer / Colorado State University / Robert Williams
Khagesh Kumar / University of Illinois at Chicago / Jordi Cabana
Bo Wang / Rice University / Michael Wong
Joshua Samba / Rice University / Michael Wong
Looking forward to seeing you in Chicago!